Thursday, November 5, 2015

Essay Prompt

Ru Chu Zhong 5th                                                                                                                  11/4/2015
Prompt#1
Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?


            I remember a time when I was in 4th grade, when I began working with my teacher that teaches language and reading, he provides me help with sense of confidence. I went from having trouble with reading difficulties and managed to gain new skills off him. Now I believe that high school is a real possibility for me and that I can have more control over it then when I was little. Back then, I started out with some serious challenges in elementary school. I have a struggle with organization, I can never keep things together and I’m easily distracted by others. I’ve always been trying to work on it. Most of all, I have learned that I’m not a failure because with the help of my 4th grade teacher and believing in myself, I think that I can accomplish anything that I want. So now, with my new mindset, I know college is part of my future as I consider majoring into relational database when I’m in college. I am the kind of person that will turn that as a learning process because my teacher taught me the process of learning and knew my weakness before I did. Until this day, I still go back to my old school just to visit him because I really admire him. He wants me to set goals for myself and value the things you already have. I don’t think anyone has been like that to me before. I want to keep doing what I do. I will graduate this upcoming school year and continue setting goals for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment